Pre-registration has closed.
To print out the registration forms click HERE.
Club Championships – now on Sunday 12th November at the Newlands Community Centre – 9 Batchelor Street, Newlands
– An update on a lunch venue will be provided soon…
– Buy / Sell / Swap space will be available if you have stuff to bring along! Schedule
- Setup starts at 10am
- Registration starts at 10.30am
- Registration closes at 11.30am
- Judging starts at 11.30am
- Models can be removed from 2.30pm
- Pack down and vacated by 3pm
For classes & details – see HERE for the full list.
Club Championships – now on Sunday 12 November at the Newlands Community Centre – 9 Batchelor Street, Newlands
– Buy / Sell / Swap space will be available if you have stuff to bring along, on the stage area.
• Setup starts at 10:00am
• Registration starts at 10:30am
• Registration closes at 11.30am
• Judging starts 11.30am
• Models can be removed from 2.30pm
• Pack down and vacated by 3pm
A – Aircraft
- A1 1/48 aircraft
- A2 Aircraft smaller than 1/48
- A3 Aircraft larger than 1/48
- A4 Aircraft having a New Zealand connection
- A5 Box stock aircraft
B – Military Vehicles
- B1 1/35 and larger military vehicles post WW2
- B2 1/35 and larger military vehicles WW2 and earlier
- B3 Military vehicles smaller than 1/35
- B4 Military vehicles having a New Zealand connection
- B5 Box stock military vehicles
C – Civilian Vehicles
- C1 Racing oriented vehicles
- C2 Road vehicles
- C3 Motorcycles
- C4 Civilian vehicles having a New Zealand connection
- C5 Box stock civilian vehicles
D – Figures
- D1 Figures smaller than 120mm
- D2 Figures 120mm and larger
- D3 Figures having a New Zealand connection
- D4 Busts
E – Dioramas
F – Ships & Submarines
- F1 Ships and submarines smaller than 1/450
- F2 Ships and submarines 1/450 and larger
G – Miscellaneous
- G1 Science fact
- G2 Science fiction
- G3 Collections
- G4 Miscellaneous
J – Juniors
- J1 Junior dioramas
- J2 Junior AFVs (all scales)
- J3 Junior aircraft (all scales)
- J4 Junior civilian vehicles (all scales)
- J5 Junior ships and submarines (all scales)
- J6 Junior sci-fi and miscellaneous
- J7 Junior figures (all scales)
Competition Notes :
– If you have questions please contact a committee member.
– All classes are subject to change as deemed necessary by the judges.
– All entries must be the sole work of the modeller.
– To be eligible to enter the competition, the modeller must be a financial member of Scale
Models Wellington IPMS.
– Models that have won 1st, 2nd or 3rd placings at previous Scale Models Wellington IPMS club
competitions are not eligible to enter. However, they are most welcome to be brought along for
– All other models, including all those entered in our BSK competitions, IPMS Nationals and Scale
Models Expos, are eligible for the competition.
– Box stock entries must be accompanied by the kit instructions. No deviation from the kit
instructions shall be allowed except for the use of aftermarket decals.
– Entries received after 11.30am will be accepted at the discretion of the competition
– Family and friends are welcome to view the competition and display from 1.30pm.
– Pre-registration will open soon and run until midnight on 8th of November. Please pre-register your models if you can
– Alternatively, entry forms are available HERE. Please print/copy as many as
you need, and bring them to the competition already completed. Entry forms will also be
available at the venue.
– No models are to be put on the tables until they have been registered, and no models may be
removed early without prior approval given by one of the above contacts.
– The Ted Staples Memorial Trophy for Best in Show and permanent Best in Category trophies
are up for grabs.
– Some club members may be asked to assist with judging for this event. Please help if you are
able – this is the perfect training ground for those who are willing to learn about judging and
assist at other Club events or the Expo next year!
See you there….!!!